Thursday 23 January 2014

The Tooth Fairy Machine

Every night when Tor is attempting to wash his teeth without drowning or choking, on what he thinks is the most evil thing in the world, I ask him "any wobbly ones yet?"

Tor so far has no wobbly teeth at all. Not one. We both seem to be slightly perturbed by the fact. I am not sure who is most disappointed though!
Tonight he told me he was really excited about having a tooth come out. I obviously asked him why with a big grin on my face knowing what the answer would be.

"The tooth fairy leaves you a penny!"

I did smile some more with a bit of relief. One penny I can manage!

"So how much is the penny worth?" I ask. "Just one penny. the tooth fairy can't give you more unless you leave more than one tooth." He says this in a very factual way probably wondering why I do not know the ins and outs of the workings of a tooth fairy. He looks at me rather perplexed.

"You see mummy it takes one tooth to make a penny in the tooth fairy machine."

Oh

Didn't see that one coming.

Now all this has taken place whilst toothpaste is spirting from his mouth and he is gargling with his water so it actually sounded like "foot lairy mckeith" but I think I have translated correctly.

You see, the tooth fairy machine comprises of a lot of cogs, big hammers and a stretchy outy conveyor belt. The tooth is taken from under your pillow and put in one end.

"A big hammer then squishes they tooth."

Hammer actions start up and his toothbrushes flies out of his hand and into the hallway.

"The squished tooth then goes through a swirly bit to make it round."

Hula hula hips to the towel to wipe his face and head butt the towel rail.

"And then the long bit comes down"...........imagine him unfolding his arm from his elbow......"and the penny just plops of the end!"

I am starting to worry that my parent duties were not fully explained.

I ask, "so can you use the tooth penny to buy things at the shop?"

He looks at me as if I've just asked him the stupidest question in the world.

"What else would you do with it Mummy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!